Pre-Sales Solution Consultant
Daon, www.daon.com, is an innovator in developing and deploying biometric authentication and identity assurance solutions worldwide. Daon has pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and identity capabilities in multiple channels with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, and securing borders and critical infrastructure. Daon’s solutions provide our customers with choice, making it easier and safer for people to conduct business online, travel, vote, and so much more. Daon’s IdentityX® Platform for mobile biometric authentication removes friction from the authentication process while dramatically reducing fraud to previously unattainable levels. IdentityX allows businesses to conduct transactions with any consumer at any time with total confidence. Get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Spain is a key geography for Daon with a growing list of customers and a strong pipeline of future business. The role focusses on pre-sales/sales engineering and to be the key technical resource to support sales in the region, responsible for –
- Actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales leads as the key technical advisor and advocate for our solutions.
- Identify key technical issues of assigned account and opportunities and work to assure customer satisfaction on these points at various stages of the sales process.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with customers and partner staff from engineer to CTO level.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in the business to develop the business and sales strategies at both a regional and opportunity level.
- Work closely with business partners.
- Help to ensure local customer projects are successful to drive further opportunities and renewals.
- Design a customer solution using Daon technologies that addresses the objectives, articulate the value proposition, and eliminate technical or functional obstacles.
- Perform the primary technical communication role with customers during the sales process. This includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, demonstrations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, and follow up on all customer related issues. At this level, pre-sales should be able to resolve all technical issues raised with support from internal Daon teams.
- Work with customers as a solution architect during the implementation projects as a local presence to ensure successful implementation of Daon solutions. (Overall responsibility for implementation projects is with Daon’s Professional Services team primarily based in Daon’s EMEA HQ in Dublin.)
- Review, analyze and respond to Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals and tenders. Write proposals, position papers and similar documents, prepare bills of materials.
- Customize and deliver in-depth presentations and workshops about solution and product functionality, architecture, customization/implementation, and application integration with customers and partners.
- Design, develop, customize, and deliver product demos and proofs of concept that are relevant to specific customers and industries.
- Create logical and physical architectures and system sizing for the most complex systems.
- Advise customers in the appropriate use of biometric and identity management technology, devices, algorithms and systems. Work with 3rd party vendors to provide complete customer solutions. Stay up to date on business and technical topics in the biometrics/identity management industry and in the businesses in which we work and be able to discuss these with partners.
- Provide leadership around use of Daon technology, including educating prospective customers and partners and participating in shows and conferences.
- Develop innovative solutions and approaches to winning for Daon; develop material to demonstrate and sell these solutions.
- Support exhibitions and conferences including planning, attending, demonstrating, exhibiting and, ideally, speaking.
- Team with Sales, Professional Services, Engineering and Support to develop customer relationships, sales strategies/objectives, and build the value proposition.
- Liaise with Product Management and Engineering about product updates, strategy and direction, and derive Daon product requirements from proposed system solutions.
- At Daon, Sales and Customer Success/Professional Services work as a team during customer acquisition and delivery of a successful solution, ensuring the customer feels that we work in partnership with them throughout their life cycle. An aspect of the role will be to ensure smooth transition of the customer as a local technical resource, particularly participating in the early stages of the delivery of new solutions. This will involve working with the client and documenting designs, configuration or customization requirements and coordinating with remote Daon team members.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a similar customer facing role
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
- Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
Skills & Experience
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead, motivate and coach others.
- Excellent technical architecture & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Java technologies, enterprise relational databases, REST, web services, web applications, security methods and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with mobile application development (iOS and Android) and related frameworks.
- Strong influencing style and presence, articulate and confident.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers in customer environments.
- Understanding of high availability/clustered configurations for web services, web applications and databases.
- Ability to work closely in a team-selling environment with internal and external customers as well as other company colleagues.
- An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies.
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment to create a very balanced work/life schedule for you and your family.
And much more!